ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) are chip-based computing equipment developed to perform specific functions, such as blockchain or block mining.
They mine only one algorithm, for which they are intended, although within an algorithm there may be several currencies, as in the case of the ETHASH algorithm, which includes ETHEREUM and ETHEREUM CLASSIC.
Its main advantages are the following:
- Efficiency, the ratio between power and energy consumption of these machines is very good. This is because, being optimized for mining, consumption is reduced and computational power is optimized.
- Tight dimensions, they are compact machines, so they fit almost anywhere, obviously as long as the installation conditions, which are as follows, are met:
- Dust-free space: All ASICs need to be extremely careful with the issue of dirt, as this equipment works like a big vacuum cleaner and would damage the internal components.
- The place of operation of the equipment must not be a humid place, due to the low tolerance level of the electronic components to water.
- The equipment cannot be located in a place with an ambient temperature of more than 18ºC as this will cause the machine to overheat, reduce the mining power and its useful life.
- Costs: The initial investment is usually lower than that of an IGR, as you can find them for €350.
In addition, two important facts to keep in mind when considering the purchase of an ASIC is that they generate noise (usually between 70-75db, but not all) and that power consumption is high (with exceptions).
It should be noted that the prices of these machines vary every day with the value of the currency they mine, so you can check with our advisors for the current price.